We at Ashoka are not only committed to identifying greater number of leading social entrepreneurs with innovative solutions as Ashoka Fellows, but also are endeavored to create an ‘Everyone a Changemaker’ world. We strongly believe that the time has come for us to begin our work in several pockets of communities where changemaking as a life-skill will be widely accepted in a short period of time.
This phenomenon then has the potential to spread like a revolution across the country.With these objectives in mind, Ashoka East Africa has implemented a new strategy. We realize the need to identify specific areas where we can begin to play larger role in working with leading social entrepreneurs.
Each of these ‘verticals’ will be steered by a competent leader with the following set of objectives:
- Identify leading social entrepreneurs with innovative ideas in the space and nominate them as Ashoka Fellows
- Strengthen the community of Ashoka Fellows in the space and create opportunities for collaborations
- Build strong knowledge base in the vertical to be able to observe pattern changes
- Explore and create opportunities for collaboration among social and business entrepreneurs
- Strengthen the Ashoka Support Network within the vertical and create models of high-touch, high-impact so that ASN members identify specific areas of engagements with Ashoka Fellows
- Work with ASN members, Ashoka Fellows and various organizations to create ecosystems and realize Ashoka’s vision of Everyone a Changemaker